screen not reattaching properly?

Hi everyone, I'm a bit new to cygwin so hopefully i'm not asking
something too n00bish. :)  I'm trying to use screen on my system and
can't seem to figure out why I'm having issues. Whenever I run screen
I can detach fine but reattaching with any of the parameters I'm
trying won't work. here's a sample session....

justink@eac-justin ~ $ screen -r
There is no screen to be resumed.
justink@eac-justin ~ $ screen cmd
[detached]
justink@eac-justin ~ $ screen -r
justink@eac-justin ~ $ screen -mS irc irssi
[detached]
justink@eac-justin ~ $ screen -r
There are several suitable screens on:
        2628.irc        (Detached)
        5972.console.eac-justin (Detached)
Type "screen [-d] -r [pid.]tty.host" to resume one of them.
justink@eac-justin ~ $ screen -r irc
justink@eac-justin ~ $ screen -r 2628.irc
justink@eac-justin ~ $

It seems like once I detach, I'm unable to reattach regardless of what
I do.  This worked the first time I detached from a session after
installing screen with setup.exe (i'm on Screen v 4.00.03 (FAU)
23-Oct-06)  Any suggestions would be appreciated!

-Justin