Re: Cygwin 1.5.25 : Very slow command

Adding "title" to the CYGWIN variable (e.g., CYGWIN = title) in Cygwin.bat as per the user manual gives a tremendous psychological advantage, lowering the slow start pain, as one can see that things are really happening. "ls" is working perfectly fine -- I will reboot if I ever see it behave slowly again compared to Windows native "dir" command.

Burt Silverman wrote:
Just confirming Bruno DeLoroux observation that cygwin starts very very slowly on some Windows XP installations. And "ls" is fairly slow. My Desktop PC is generally faster than my laptop, but the situation is reversed with regards to these cygwin activities; startup is painful on the Desktop.

Burt