RE: Cygwin 1.5.25 : Very slow command

Burt Silverman wrote on 08 August 2008 16:30:

> Adding "title" to the CYGWIN variable (e.g., CYGWIN = title) in
> Cygwin.bat as per the user manual gives a tremendous psychological
> advantage, lowering the slow start pain, as one can see that things are
> really happening.  "ls" is working perfectly fine -- I will reboot if I
> ever see it behave slowly again compared to Windows native "dir" command.

  Another way to investigate is to edit Cygwin.bat, and add the "-x" option
to the line where it starts up bash.  That option makes bash print out every
command it executes (from scripts, as well as when typed at the keyboard),
so you can see even better what's happening at each stage and which goes
wrong.

    cheers,
      DaveK