How to replace default bash window with rxvt / bash shell?

I want to replace the default cygwin bash window with something where I can
have multiple tabs
or tab like features.  I do not know of any command line commando that would
not want this feature
and hope that in the future something else would be provided by default.

It looks like the best combination is "rxvt" and "screen" used together.

So I was able to crate an rxvt.bat file and create a short cut to it (icon
on desktop)
but when it launches it is not the bash shell nor is it a login shell.

When I do $echo $SHELL, I get /bin/sh and when I type $alias, I get nothing
so it has not sourced my environment config files.

---
How do I create a .bat file that launches rxvt with screen and makes all
future
shells bash and all of them login shell?

 -ls & +ls do nothing.  I have already read the man page on rxvt

--- my current rxvt.bat
 @echo off

 C:
 chdir C:\cygwin\bin

 rem bash --login -i -e ./term
 rxvt -e screen

 --- This gets displayed and is very nice to read but after the 22nd time I
have it memorized
 --- and would like to supress it.

 Also when running the screen command I always get some text and then
instructions
 to press the spacebar/or enter.  That is very nice but how is this
surpressed?

 Screen version 4.00.03 (FAU) 23-Oct-06

Copyright (c) 1993-2002 Juergen Weigert, Michael Schroeder
Copyright (c) 1987 Oliver Laumann

This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it
under
the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free
Software
Foundation; either version 2, or (at your option) any later version.

This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT
ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or
FITNESS
FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more
details.

You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with
this program (see the file COPYING); if not, write to the Free Software
Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place - Suite 330, Boston, MA  02111-1307, USA.

Send bugreports, fixes, enhancements, t-shirts, money, beer & pizza to
screen@uni-erlangen.de

                        [Press Space or Return to end.]v