Re: How to replace default bash window with rxvt / bash shell?

Lisa,

PuTTY, the excellent freeware terminal emulator, has a patched version that works excellently with Cygwin.  I used RXVT before finding PuTTY, but now use PuTTY exclusively with Cygwin.

PuTTY has no tabbed interface (yet) but there is a fork of PuTTY, called KiTTY, which supports tabs and reportedly runs under Cygwin.

PuTTY is available here:
http://code.google.com/p/puttycyg/

KiTTY's home page is here:
http://www.9bis.net/kitty/?page=Welcome&zone=en

KiTTY add-ons so that it works with Cytgwin are here:
http://www.9bis.net/kitty/?page=PuTTYCyg&zone=en

=======Keith