Re: autoconf/configure problem on text mounts

lemkemch wrote on 10 August 2008 18:46:

I am not familar enough with autoconf to be able to tell how that line
gets into configure.  I can't find it in configure.in.  All I can see is
stuff like AH_VERBATIM([HAVE_UINT64_T] and AC_CHECK_TYPES([uint8_t,
int8_t, uint16_t, int16_t, uint32_t, int32_t, uint64_t, int64_t]); I'd
guess it is releated to the latter.

Yep. Those are macros that get expanded using m4 scripts based in /usr/share/autoconf to generate the configure script.

This is an autoconf bug upstream really. They'd know best what how to
patch it long term. If you wanted a quick local fix, you could edit
/usr/share/autoconf/autoconf/c.m4 and change that fopen command at source,
then any time you regenerate a configure script it'll come out ok for your
text mount.

Thanks Dave.  I've sent mail to the autoconf bugs e-mail address
referrring to this thread.

Michael