Funny behavior with echo command in bash_login

Hi,

I recently using .bash_login to show some messages when I
login to Cygwin with echo command just for fun, but funny
behavior happen with echo *************** in last line

This is my bash_login:

echo Portable Cygwin v1.0.0.0 alpha
echo ******************NOTE**********************
echo Cygwin making modification in HKCU registry
echo To completely clean Cygwin Portable
echo installation run clean.bat in root directory
echo ********************************************

and this is what I get while login:

Portable Cygwin v1.0.0.0 alpha
******************NOTE**********************
Cygwin making modification in HKCU registry
To completely clean Cygwin Portable
installation run clean.bat in root directory
Data Mail max_mem.c mbox msmtp.log procmail.log tmp

Look at the last line, bash seen interpreted my echo command in last line as ls command, that not suppose to be.

I try to login a couple of time and the result is the same. I also try to
turn off bash login in my bash_profile to investigate if I accidently
run ls command in .bashrc or .bash_profile, but I logging normally without
ls command executed.

I using Cygwin installed in USB, and not test this with normal
installation. So I want to know what going on, or it's just other
bash feature.

Finally I able to fix using slash in front of *

--
It is easy to say no when
          there is a deeper yes burning within