Re: PATCH: cygutils/cygstart - wait till task terminates (i.e. run in foreground)

On 11-Aug-2008 18:26, Barry Kelly wrote:
I find cygstart useful generally, but ShellExecute/Ex has more options
than cygstart exposes.

In particular, I'd like to be able to write a script that starts an
action and waits for it to complete, and then perform another action.
This means that I don't want cygstart to return until the process it has
started exits (modulo MDI etc).

ShellExecuteEx can return the process handle, which can then be waited
on.

I've written a patch against cygutils-1.3.2-1 that implements this
functionality via a new "-w | --wait" argument.

I've attached the patch for review. Is there any other place I should be
posting to submit this patch?

This is the right place, as far as I'm concerned.

This seems useful and the patch looks good at first glance, but I'll have a better look at it, probably this weekend.

Thanks,

– Michael