OpenSSH_5.1p1 - Connection failed - xmalloc: zero size

Hi,

I recently upgraded my ssh ( to OpenSSH_5.1p1 )and I can no more connect to some
Solaris servers (SunOS 5.9).

The message I get is:
xmalloc: zero size
and the connection is closed.

I switched back to the previous version of Openssh (OpenSSH_5.0p1 ) and the
problem disappeared.

In both cases I use the same SSL version ( OpenSSL 0.9.8h ).

There is information about this problem on the net (or a problem with the same
symptoms).
But none of the listed solutions (about StrictHostKeyChecking no) worked for me.

Is this a bug or a new feature of OpenSSH_5.1p1 ?

Thanks,

Denis Choulette.