Re: Cygwin installation breaks ALL telnet clients

> $ telnet rd00d20
> Trying 172.28.48.32...
> Connected to rd00d20.
> Escape character is '^]'.
> Connection closed by foreign host.
>
> (In other words, the connection is opened and immediately closed.)

...by the foreign host.  The telnet clients appears to be working
properly.   I would suspect a hosts.allow type issue on the server
side, which means make sure that the connection is coming from the IP
address you think it should be coming from; routing tables on the
client might also be the culprit if it's routing through the wrong
interface. I notice you're using 172.16.0.0/12 addresses - any chance
this is a virtual network between VM's (or between host and VM)?

--
Mark J. Reed <markjreed@gmail.com>