Re: emacs open display problem

parminides wrote:
> I've tried the following commands in an xterm, all to no avail:
>  emacs &
>  emacs -d :0 &
>  emacs -d 0:0 &

I infer from the '-d :0.0' and the XTerm that you're trying to open
Emacs in X. Some X applications have problems with specifying the X
display on the command line, even if they supposedly support it.
Setting the DISPLAY environment variable usually works in these cases.
I've never seen an app with this problem go phantom (they usually die
saying 'couldn't connect to X server'), but you never know.

-- Sam Hanes
elemecca AT gmail DOT com

Yes.