Re: cygrunsrv process logs

Pierre-Philipp Braun wrote:

Since I used cygrunsrv against fetchmail, I don't get fetchmail logs
anymore.

Here's how I made it,
	cygrunsrv.exe --install fetchmail \
	--path /usr/bin/fetchmail \
	--env HOME=$HOME \
	--user "ppbraun" \
	--args '--nodetach' \
	--shutdown
Into service's properties, username is,
	.\ppbraun
is that normal with the dot and backslash ?

Yes, it's the Windows user notation (domain\username).

And inside .fetchmailrc I got this,
	set postmaster "ppbraun"
	set nobouncemail
	set daemon 60
	set logfile /home/ppbraun/fetch.log

But I doesn't create the fetch.log file. Any idea why ?

Run: cygrunsrv -VQ fetchmail

What is in "Environment" ? is it "/home/ppbraun" or something else?

When switching off or putting windows into sleep, does it wait for
fetchmail to finish ?  That's why I need to check the logs...

When Windows is shut down all services are sent a TERM signal (it's in the documentation), you can change the signal if needed.

When Windows is put into hibernation nothing is sent, your service is unaware of what happened or, more interesting, the time leap afterwards.
--
René Berber