Re: cygwin-developer

Hans L wrote:
Hi. I have a problem that I'll have tryed to get allong with for several
days. I have searched the mailing list archive, nothing found.  I hope to
get an answer now. I am trying to install a CFD-program called OpenFoam (OF)
with Cygwin, The problem I have incountered are that OF requires a remote
shell , SSH ore RSH. I cant for the world get an acces to neither SSH or RSH
how much effort Ill get in to it. When pingin my host,  100% package lost,
when write - RSH "host" ls, the answer from cygwing are: connection refused,
likewise with SSH. The firewall in windows are allowing both SSH and RSH.
Port 22 to SSH and 514 to RSH are open. How get RSH ore SSH to work.

Hans,

First install the optional package "openssh". After that go into your bash shell and execute "ssh-host-config".
After completion a ssh daemon service is installed and ssh connection should work just fine.

-- Bernd