Re: perl.exe: fatal error on Vista

Tim McDaniel schrieb:
On Wed, 13 Aug 2008, hce <webmail.hce@gmail.com> wrote:
On 8/13/08, Reini Urban <rurban@x-ray.at> wrote:
 I would try rebase with -v (verbose) and also tie it to a log file.
 $ rebaseall -v | tie rebaseall.log

There is no tie command

Reini must have meant the "tee" command. It's intended to be a T-joint, metaphorically: it copies all its input to the filename argument and also to its standard output. It's most commonly used to saving output into a log file while also monitoring it as it is generated, as intended here.

Sorry. tee is what I meant of course. I'm obviously doing too much perl tie'ng lately.

The error is most likely a running cygwin service.
But since cygcheck was run from cmd.exe, not from bash, and C:\Tools\Cygwin\bin not in the path we cannot tell for sure.

For the disturbing cygcheck message "Windows Longhorn/Vista (not yet supported!) Ver 6.0 Build 6001 Service Pack 1" only Corinna can tell.
AFAIK it should work ok.
But I haven't tested it on Vista, as I have no Vista nowhere.
--
Reini