Re: Problems using stat function

Ignasi Villagrasa wrote:
Hi everyone,
I'm migrating an old WATCOM C++ based application to cygwin, using
-mno-cygwin in order to make the converted executable as similar as
possible to the original one.

I get a problem using

int stat ( const char *__path, struct stat *__sbuf );

I get an improper offset and so size comes on the st_atime field instead
of st_size.

Is there any report or known bug related to this behaviour ?

It seems library doen't map properly the pointed structure.

Before going on to dicover what provokes the problem (Library, used
include), I'd like to know if someone has ever found this behaviour also.

The -mno-cygwin switch means exactly what it says - you're not using Cygwin. What you're actually using is a pseudo-cross compiler targeting Windows APIs (instead of Cygwin's POSIX APIs). This functionality comes from <http://mingw.org/>. You should research your issue there.

Holliston, MA 01746