RE: Can't find how to fetch from the web

In my experience, I have never run into a URL that was too long.  the only
thing that I have had problems with in the past are, links timing out, or if
it is ftp you sometimes must specify a username and password.  You know now
that I think about it some websites block the use of file retrievers, could
that be the problem?