Re: GCC

On Mon, 18 Aug 2008, John Emmas wrote:

Hi there - I only installed Cygwin yesterday so I'm still fumbling in the dark.

One thing I'm trying to find out is whether or not it installed GCC. Does GCC get installed automatically or do I need to install the MinGW option?
(I noticed that the MinGW option seems to be skipped by default).

Usually it is skipped. Running setup again is the normal way to update things. If you click on "view" a few times you can see the expanded list sorted alphabetically by package. It's easy to see if a particular package is installed or not that way.

Thanks,

John

HTH Hugh