Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: csih-0.1.7-1

Corinna Vinschen wrote:

> If this is really a cygcheck bug, we should fix the bug, rather than to
> workaround it here.  Consider that Cygwin 1.7 hasn't been released yet.

Well, yeah, but I wanted the script to work /now/, not whenever we can
track down and fix the bug.  Of course, nobody else is seeing this bug
anyway...

> Isn't that workaround for textmode a bit complicated?  Wouldn't it be
> sufficient to replace
>
>   mount -t -f ...
>
> with
>
>   mount -o text -f ...
>
> for 1.5 as well as for 1.7?

Oh. I thought text mode was dead, gone, and buried in 1.7.  Sure, that's
a lot simpler.  Second question: has mount /always/ supported '-o text'
as an alternative to '-t', or has that formulation been added only
recently? (I seem to recall some work on the 1.7 trunk to 'make mount's
options more like *nix).

--
Chuck