Re: Bug in cygcheck (1.7)

On Aug 18 00:20, Charles Wilson wrote:
> Christopher Faylor wrote:
> > Have you investigated the possibility that one of the package files
> > may be corrupted?
>
> Not really -- but when I run cygcheck.exe under gdb, I get all the
> packages listed properly (when 'set arg -cd') -- so I really don't think
> that's it.

I can reproduce the problem 1 out of 3 or 4.  I also added some
additional debug output for a start:

  get_packages()
  [...]
    for (n = 0; fgets (buf, 4096, fp) && n < nlines;)
      {
	char *package = strtok (buf, " ");
	printf ("(%8ld) %-20s :: %-20s\n",
		ftell (fp), package ?: "<NULL>", argv[0]);
        [...]
      }
    printf ("finished\n");

And that's weird, when the problem occurs, ftell(fp) prints the
same offset into the file twice:

  [...]
  (     502) automake1.8          :: openssh
  (     545) automake1.9          :: openssh
  (     545) automake1.9          :: openssh

and then the next call to fgets() just pegs out.

The next test was not to call load_cygwin().  In this case, the problem
seems to disappear.  I can't reproduce it in 100s of calls.

Next, I call LoadLibrary ("cygwin1.dll") but none of the other
processing in load_cygwin().  Still no problem.

Next, enable the FreeLibrary call.  Now the problem reappears.

So it's the FreeLibrary call which triggers the problem.  What I don't
understand so far is, why it does.

Corinna

Red Hat