How to clean up a setup.exe mess?

I ran Cygwin's setup.exe and it seemed to hang. So I used the Cancel
button. Verily, setup.exe did then disappear from my peecee.

I restarted setup.exe and I selected the same mirror as before. This
time, while uninstalling bash, I got an application error:
	The instruction at "0x004f42cb" rererenced memory at
	"0x00000019". The memory could not be "read".

The above application error is repeatable.

My theory is that after the first (cancelled) execution, setup.exe's
state files got into an unusual condition that the program's logic could
not deal with. So, how can I clear out this state?

Output from "cygcheck -s -v -r" attached.