Re: Install runs fine, but Cygwin won't run

Claire Simpson wrote:
Hi,

The install seemed to run fine, no problems reported but when I run
cygwin.bat, the window appears and then disappears immediately. Can
anyone help?

Start a command prompt from windows and run 'cygwin.bat' in it. This will give you some output that should help and keep it on the screen long enough for you to read it and frame it. ;-) If you're still having problems figuring out what to do, please read and follow the problem reporting guidelines found here:

Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html

My WAG is the installation isn't quite right/complete. If this is true, try running through 'setup.exe' again without selecting any new packages and see if that helps.

Holliston, MA 01746