Re: sssssh . . . qmail-send is listening

On 8/20/2008 11:32 AM, Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:

> David M. Besonen wrote:
>
>> this is my second attempt at posting to this list.  my prior
>> attempt was stuffed by qmail-send because of an off-topic
>> Subject: line.
>>
>> the original Subject: that i needed to conceal: "x windows
>> tips - xfree list has me blocked"
>>
>> this is one tough mailing list configuration - how is one
>> supposed to get help when the mailing list system fails?  oh
>> well, on to my post:
>> --
>>

>> sorry for posting to the wrong list but when i tried to
>> software decided i was a spammer and blocked my email
>> address.  i followed the instructions to unblock my email
>> address but i'm still blocked.
>
> <http://sourceware.org/lists.html#spam>

well, i've cc:'d this message to postmaster_sourceware_org.  is
this the correct address?  it wasn't explicitly stated on the
above web page.

>> i've read through the 'Cygwin/X User's Guide' and i'm a bit
>> stuck.  i couldn't find any concise description or checklist
>> of what i need to do in order to get cygwin/x to the point
>> of where i can simply start an x window app and have said
>> app "just work".
>>
>> any pointers to or a description of the steps i need to take
>> to get x windows working smoothly would be much appreciated.
>>

> My suggestion would be to follow-up on the correct list after
> resolving your problem.

will do.

> We'll need to know what you're having problems doing, since
> the 'Cygwin/X User's Guide' should provide the information
> you're looking for already.  So we'd need to know what about
> those instructions aren't answering your question.

so there's no succinct check-list of steps for getting cygwin/x
working that i could use to trouble-shoot my cygwin setup?

thanks,
david