Re: ./configure : no such file or directory

noPartition wrote:
hi everyone , I'm new to the forum , please don't rank me out :)

I'm having trouble with part of the GNU toolchain , specifically
'configure' . I've installed the relevant packages , ie diffutils , but I
still get the error titling this message .

Most gnu packages come with their own configure script, and, if there's anything out of the ordinary, their own build instructions.
If you are following the usual procedure, you run configure in an empty directory, so you must designate the path to the appropriate configure script.