Re: No bash.exe in bin after "successful" installation

http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin/200808/msg00554.html
>> reports a problem with the same symptoms).

> What does the 'cygcheck' output look like?
> Does 'setup.log'
> say anything useful?

I don't (err, make that didn't---see below) have a
cygcheck in my bin either. setup.log didn't appear to
have anything useful; at the last attempted
installation before my first e-mail, it just quickly
listed a bunch of files, and then said "note: Nothing
needed to be installed." "Ending cygwin install."

>> Incidentally, I don't know if this could be
>> related, but when I run setup.exe at work and
>> select "Install
>> from Internet," the list of download sites comes up
>> empty, and entering URL's by hand doesn't work.

> Are you working through a proxy server?  How do you
> access the Internet through IE, for example?  Does
> choosing "Use IE5 Settings" or "Use HTTP/FTP Proxy"
> rather than the default "Direction Connection" make
> any difference?

I for some reason didn't think to try the other
settings until you mentioned them (partially due to
stupidity, but also because I just thought that I'd do
it from downloaded files). I've tried with the IE5
Settings several times now. I do get a list of
download sites. Most times it's gotten stuck at the
very start, unable to load a setup.bz2 file. More
recently it's gotten stuck at "99%" setup, saying "No
package. . . /etc/post-install/post-texmf." At this
point the installation doesn't quite finish, but I do
have bash and cygcheck in the bin. So hopefully I can
figure out why the setup isn't quite finishing by
reading the documentation on cygcheck and trying to
decipher the new setup.log file. If you have any
additional suggestions, that would be great, but your
comment above was plenty helpful.

Thanks for your help!

Momo