Re: No bash.exe in bin after "successful" installation

Monwhea Jeng wrote:

<snip>

I for some reason didn't think to try the other
settings until you mentioned them (partially due to
stupidity, but also because I just thought that I'd do
it from downloaded files). I've tried with the IE5
Settings several times now. I do get a list of
download sites. Most times it's gotten stuck at the
very start, unable to load a setup.bz2 file. More
recently it's gotten stuck at "99%" setup, saying "No
package. . . /etc/post-install/post-texmf." At this
point the installation doesn't quite finish, but I do
have bash and cygcheck in the bin. So hopefully I can
figure out why the setup isn't quite finishing by
reading the documentation on cygcheck and trying to
decipher the new setup.log file. If you have any
additional suggestions, that would be great, but your
comment above was plenty helpful.

From what I recall, post-texmf takes a long time with its postinstall script. You can try running it yourself from 'bash' to see if it will finish in a few hours. After which you should rerun 'setup.exe' to finish off all the other postinstall scripts. Or you can just rerun 'setup.exe' again and wait for it to finish. The latter is probably easier but either should work.

Holliston, MA 01746