Re: Cygwin Secure Shell Version 1.5.25-15 Request for U.S. Export Information 19399845 08222008

On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 10:13:13AM -0400, TSG Software Licensing (GE Infra, Aviation) wrote:
>GE Aviation is in the process of reviewing your software product,
>Secure Shell Version 1.5.25-15
>In order to determine whether the software is subject to Federal Export
>Administration Regulations (EAR), we are requesting that you provide the
>Export Control Classification Number (ECCN) that classifies this
>software according to the Commerce Control List. This number is used to
>determine if an export license is required by the U.S. Department of
>Commerce in order for our company to export the software to our
>affiliates abroad and/or to provide access to our non-US citizen
>employees.

Sorry but we can't do this.  This is a free software project.  There are
no "software products", we don't have someone "on staff" to deal with
this type of request and we actually don't provide a "Secure Shell
Version 1.5.25-15" that seems to be a conflation of the version number
of Cygwin with the the ssh package.

If you'd like to purchase a copy of Cygwin and get official support
please visit the Cygwin web site at http://cygwin.com/ and click on the
link that says "Red Hat Cygwin Product" in the left toolbar.