Re: Cygwin compiler and linker options

Ralph Hempel wrote:
Christopher Faylor wrote:
.
As one of "those people" I wonder if it will still be possible to
generate executables that do not depend on cygwin DLLs using
cygwin's gcc?

No, we're changing the laws of the universe to make this a physical impossibility. At your first attempt to generate a mingw cross compiler you will be shunted into an antimatter dimension where your atoms will explode in an unbelievable burst of energy.

Well at least I'll contribute _something_ useful. I guess I'd better be alone when I do this...

Seriously though, what I think I hear you saying is that when
-mno-cygwin is fully deprecated  I'll need to build a cross compiler
for native Windows executables, much like I've already done by
building a cross compiler for embedded ARM7 variants under Cygwin.

In other words, if it's possible to build a native windows exe under
Linux, it will be possible under Cygwin as well ;-)

Right. Though the plan is to provide the cross compiler too.

Holliston, MA 01746