What happens to managed mounts in cygwin 1.7?

Hello:

I have read a couple of comments (one from cfg IIRC) that managed
mounts are dissapearing from cygwin in version 1.7. So I guess I have
two questions:

  1) if I have a managed mount point working well under 1.5, how do
     I use the data in the mount point under 1.7?

  2) what happens if I have to represent an illegal (to windows)
     file name on a fat formatted filesystem (e.g. cygwin on a stick),
     or NTFS?

IIRC managed mounts allow the files "config" and "Config" to exist at
the same level in a directory. Is this natively supported under 1.7
using the NT filesystem API?

aTdHvAaNnKcSe

--
				-- rouilj