Re: End of support for 9x

----- Original Message ----- From: "Barry Kelly" <bkelly.ie@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: End of support for 9x

Windows 9x doesn't even work on most modern hardware any more, due to lack of widespread driver support.

That's been my experience too.  I've been developing software for nearly
20 years.  For at least 12 years I had a multi-partition setup with 4
different flavours of Windows and 2 x different Linux distros.  But about
2 years ago I had to drop Windows NT and Windows 98 after my
motherboard blew up and I needed to buy a new one.

John

----- Original Message ----- From: "Barry Kelly" <bkelly.ie@gmail.com>
To: "Trans-Mit Support" <support@transmit.com.au>
Cc: <cygwin@cygwin.com>
Sent: 25 August 2008 09:28

Trans-Mit Support wrote:

Re:-
> Note that the official support for Windows 95, Windows 98, and Windows
> Me
> will be discontinued with the >
> next major version (1.7.0) of Cygwin.

Its bad enough having to use windows, but having to upgrade to XP or VISTA
is just out of the question. Looks like I won't be using any new versions
of
cygwyn

Windows 9x doesn't even work on most modern hardware any more, due to lack of widespread driver support.

-- Barry

--
http://barrkel.blogspot.com/