1.5.25-15:bash failure with all basic commands

On a Windows Server 2003 cygwin has been working fine
for a few months, then stopped all at once (end of july).
No change was made to the server (except maybe
an automatic windows update).

The symptom are that all commands (ls,find,grep...) I may launch in a bash
console result by immadiately closing the bash window with no visible
error message.

When I try to run "strance bash ls" I get 3 possibles
outputs:
- it exit with no obvious error (as far as I can see) (see output1.txt)
- it exit with an exception (see output2.txt)
- it output "fatal error - WFSO timed out after longjmp" (see output3.txt)

I tried to remove cygwin completely and resinstall only the base
package. I get the same behavior.

This server is running:
- IIS 6.0
- SQL Server 2000
- Windows Firwall
- perl for awstats

No anti-virus installed.

Attached cygcheck.out

It reports

"Warning: There are multiple cygwin1.dlls on your path"

but I double checked and could find only one cygwin1.dll
on the server.

Any help would be very appreciated.

Phil Ten