RE: Symlink resolving

prokash wrote on 26 August 2008 23:14:

> All:
>
> How to resolve symlink in an archive ( tarr'd ) so that when I use windows
> visual studio or other IDE the include and other references are in tact...

  Well, windows doesn't do symlinks by itself, so really your best bet would
be if you could create the archive using the "--dereference" option in the
first place, so that you get just real physical copies of the linked files
when you unpack it.  If it's an existing archive, you could use cygwin to
unpack it, then repack it using that option.

  Oh, and please!  Don't send empty replies to spam posts.  That's really
irritating.

    cheers,
      DaveK