RE: A newbie question about 3rd party libraries.

John Emmas wrote on 28 August 2008 15:48:

> [...]

  BTW, one tradition we have on this list is please don't quote people's email
addresses in the body of your email.  See
http://cygwin.com/acronyms#PCYMTNQREAIYR.

>> [Please don't commandeer existing threads to start a new topic]
>>
> Oops, sorry!  Most mailing lists start a new topic automatically as long
> as you change the email's subject.

  I'm afraid that's incorrect.  If you hit "reply" to any post in your
mailer, the email you send will have "In-Reply-To:" and "References:"
headers that make it part of the existing thread.  Some mailers attempt to
infer threading based on "Subject:" header if those headers are missing,
but it's not the standard way things work anywhere.

  To start a new thread, you have to choose the "New post" option, whatever it
is for your mailer - use the address book facility if you want to save
yourself having to type the "To:" address.

   cheers,
      DaveK