Re: Limited regex support in newlib cripples syntax highlighting in nano

Lapo Luchini wrote:
Corinna Vinschen wrote:
On Aug 1 10:03, Tomi Belan wrote:
Cygwin regex.h implementation doesn't support some special sequences,
for example \< (beginning of word), \> (end of word) and \b (word
boundary).

What you're looking for are perl regular expressions and they are only available if nano is built against the perl regex library which apparently it isn't.

There isn't any configure option to use pcre from nano, and including pcreposix.h instead of regex.h strangely produces compilation errors.

Nope, that was a silly typo, I manager to produce the package.
Unfortunately some of the distributed .nanorc syntax files are not compatible with PCRE syntax so I'll have to work on it a bit more.
Expect a new release shortly.

--
Lapo Luchini - http://lapo.it/

âECC curves are divided into three groups, weak curves, inefficient curves, and curves patented by Certicomâ (Peter Gutmann, 2001-08-10)