setup.exe crashes on cygwin package upgrade

setup.exe crashes when I try to upgrade cygwin to the newest version.

When I try to run setup.exe, it verifies no newer version exists, downloads the
list of mirrors, and lets me choose packages, automatically marking those with
newer versions available for an upgrade. So far, so good. But one of the
packages which is updated frequently is cygwin, and setup crashes on any atempt
to update this package. This happens even when no cygwin processes are running.

If I request the cygwin package to be left at the current version, all goes well.

Any ideas?

Piotr Sulecki.