Re: lftp missing dependency?

> I'm fiddling with some stuff that needs Cygwin for a customer on a
> fairly pristine system, and thought I'd try to use lftp instead of being
> stuck with 'doze ftp, however it gives error 128 when run. According to
> cygcheck, it's missing libexpat, which seems to not be installed when
> installing lftp. Missing dependency?
>
> (And yes, lftp works after installing expat, so...)

Matthew, lftp includes libexpat0 in its list of dependencies in setup.hint:

requires: cygwin libexpat0 libiconv2 libintl8 libncurses8 libreadline6 minires
openssl

AFAIK these are all of its dependencies.  Do you have them all installed?  Does
lftp still work if you uninstall expat, but leave libexpat0?  If so, then it
seems that you just had an installation problem, so that not all of your package
dependencies were installed.

Andrew.