Re: [Avail for test] login-1.9-8

Gary Wernsing wrote:
> I have Cygwin as configured below running on XP SP3.
>
> rsh using .rhosts works fine but rlogin requests a password.

In the future, please *attach* your cygcheck output, instead of pasting
it inline; doing it your way creates a ton of false-positives when
people search the mailing list archives.

However, thanks for the headsup. I *think* I know what the problem is,
and will roll a new release soon. Login tests for the
SeIncreaseQuotaPrivilege, but newer csih packages (used by *-config
scripts such as iu-config) no longer explicitly add that right to the
cyg_server user.

(the local Administrators group has that right by default, but it isn't
found if you only look in the user security token; you have to look in
the group token. Login's simple code only looks in the user token IIRC.)

For now, you could try adding that privilege to the cyg_server user
manually.

--
Chuck