Re: slow filesystem access mc start take sometimes 1 sec sometimes upto 7 sec or sometimes more

Hello

On 17.09.08, you wrote:

> On 09/17/2008, Bernd Roesch wrote:
>> My cygwin have very slow fileaccsess.
>
> We ask that 'cygcheck' output be *attached rather than appended.  See
> <http://cygwin.com/problems.html>
>
> Given your description of the problem so far and particularly the
> fact that you get slow results from 'cygcheck', which is a vanilla
> Win32 program, I suspect <http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#BLODA>.

here is my full cygcheck.out attached.i use all path seeting, but as i told
using only path to bin does not speed up.

on buttom is 1. Part of mail about problem.

Another thing i notice, when i use windows more days with suspend to disk,
cygwin get more slower.
then when i type ls, i notice 0.3 -0.5 sec delay.
a fresh boot speed it up so ls give no delay.

maybe cygwin is very sensible on mem fragmentation ?

but with mc commander and gc this dont help to get always same speed.

i try now latest cygwin1.dll from 15.9.2008

normaly when i start bash, it take 5 sec.

now with this lib the message soon come huh no etc/fstab file in
\??\E:\amiga\amidevcpp\etc\fstab.d\bernd?
using default root and cygdrive prefix.

without delay is the input prompt see.
ls work, but mc cant start.

make in gcc dir work.seem not faster.

I dont know whats wrong on my system now (old libs work), i use before the
cygwin installer, i
found out, when use a Root directory diffrent to local package directory,
the cygwin.bat use as path the local package directory and so dont work.

i use then setup again and use for root directory and local package
directory same path.

also as info for you,
i have install the M$ process dumper.
 i have deinstalled logitech webcam complete, because when run, cygwin crash
often with stack error(see in ML archive).

Is there a way to get cygwin and logitech webcam working together ?
I have VC2008 install, if you give me instruction what i should test or code
add, i can try compile cygwin1.dll
On my system the crash because of logitich webcam happen very often, when i
install logitech webcam

hope this help you to find this problem

the original mail

""""""
My cygwin have very slow fileaccsess.

I read many posts in mailing archive, but i see no solution that fix my
Problem.
I read in FAQ, that network access can slow things down.
Is there a way to disable that shortly, to speed cygwin up  ?
I need most times no network in cygwin.i have only a wlan connection to my
router for
DSL.

I use cygwin on FAT32 partition on Amd64 3000+ 32bit windows Xp SP3 1 GBram
,
partition e: (win is on c) long times(about 2 years) and it work fast.
now i upgrade it, install much more packages (gcc) and it run slow.

when i type mc(midnight commander), sometimes it take 1 sec sometimes it
take 7 or more seconds to show the mc window.

Also compiling and configuring is very slow.

because i read mailinglist, i do some tests, but nothing help

I type
export PATH=/bin

printenv PATH show then only 1 path

dont help. mc work ok, but slow as before.so reducing of search paths dont
help.
now i type

export PATH=/cygdrive/e/mydir/mydir/bin

too after 1- 7 sec sometimes slow sometimes fast.

he cygcheck take 2 minutes, here are the files i installed.xwindows i dont
need, but something habe install it.
let me know if you need more information from file
"""""""
Regards