Re: cygserver 1.5.25-15 slows down logoff

On Sep 30 05:38, Sybille Ebert wrote:
> >> Windows XP 32-bit
> >
> > There's no special code in Cygwin which would handle logoff/shutdown
> > scenarios differently on x86 vs. x64 systems, though...
>
> I thought so. A few timestamped debug messages would probably be enough
> to pinpoint the code in which cygserver is spending time...
>
> The problem also appears in sshd service, eventhough it does not depend
> on cygserver. I installed sshd using ssh-host-config and manually
> stopped cygserver. And even with only sshd running, there was still a
> long delay at logoff/shutdown!

Which shows that the delay isn't cygserver specific, but occurs in the
cygwin DLL somehow.  I'm somewhat low on time right now but I'll look
into this at one point.

For a start, can you make absolutely sure that this effect isn't related
to some third party product?  Did you try to find if there's some
http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#BLODA interferring badly on that machine?
See also http://cygwin.com/faq/faq.using.html#faq.using.bloda

Corinna

Red Hat