Re: Brand new Cygwin install on a Vista (Home Premium) machine

Karl M wrote:
The second issue was with vim from a cmd console window. When I run vim, the
arrow keys work fine until I enter insert mode...then the arrow keys alter the test
and take me out of insert mode. I've not seen this before and some Googling didn't
help.
you didn't find the rtfm?
http://www.arl.wustl.edu/~fredk/Courses/Docs/vim/insert.html

If the cursor keys take you out of Insert mode, check the 'noesckeys'
option.