Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: OpenSSH-5.1p1-6 (-7)

On 07 Nov 2008 12:00:56 +0100, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> This is a bugfix release which fixes a bug in the ssh-host-config script
> which stumbles over user names with a substring of "ssh" in them and
> thinks that ssh processes are still running.
>
> There's an equivalent new 5.1p1-7 release for Cygwin 1.7 testers.

It looks like there may be a problem with the ssh-host-config in the
5.1p1-7 release.  It now uses "mount -t", but the -t option is no longer
valid in the 1.7 version of mount.

  % ssh-host-config
  *** Info: Creating default /etc/ssh_config file
  *** Info: Creating default /etc/sshd_config file
  *** Info: Privilege separation is set to yes by default since OpenSSH 3.3.
  *** Info: However, this requires a non-privileged account called 'sshd'.
  *** Info: For more info on privilege separation read /usr/share/doc/openssh/README.privsep.
  *** Query: Should privilege separation be used? (yes/no) yes
  *** Info: Updating /etc/sshd_config file
  mount: unknown option -- t
  Usage: mount [OPTION] [<win32path> <posixpath>]
  Display information about mounted filesystems, or mount a filesystem

    -c, --change-cygdrive-prefix change the cygdrive path prefix to <posixpath>
    -f, --force force mount, don't warn about missing mount
                                  point directories
    -h, --help                    output usage information and exit
    -m, --mount-entries write fstab entries to replicate mount points
                                  and cygdrive prefixes
    -o, --options X[,X...]        specify mount options
    -p, --show-cygdrive-prefix show user and/or system cygdrive path prefix
    -v, --version                 output version information and exit

  Valid options are:

    binary,text,exec,notexec,cygexec,nosuid,acl,noacl,posix=1,posix=0

  grep: /ssh-host-config.2052/services: No such file or directory
  grep: /ssh-host-config.2052/services: No such file or directory
  /usr/bin/ssh-host-config: line 105: /ssh-host-config.2052/services: No such file  or directory
  *** Warning: Adding ssh to C:umount: /ssh-host-config.2052: Invalid argument

  *** Warning: The following functions require administrator privileges!

  *** Query: Do you want to install sshd as a service?

This is on a vista machine with a clean 1.7 install (with openssh-5.1p1-7
installed from a local mirror since the public mirrors are broken right now).

Switching it back to "mount -o text" seems to work (I'm not sure if that
should be made conditional on 1.7 though).

Herb.