Re: Cygwin Everyone group permissions and Vista "shared files" (*not* shared folders)

Barry Kelly wrote:
Corinna Vinschen wrote:

If that's not feasible, switch off ntsec and you get standard Windows
permissions.  If the standard Windows permissions are not as you need
them, don't rely on Cygwin's chown/chmod. rather change the inheritence
settings of the parent directory according to your needs.  Then you get
the required permissions right from the start.  Nothing against using
chown/chmod in some border cases, Berry, but in your situation they are
just a workaround for bad permission settings.

I guess I will just have to reimplement chown and chmod, it seems.

Perhaps you're better off with the available tools for ACLs? Just a thought.

PS: I don't know what it is that makes some people get my name wrong,
but there you go.

Don't let it get you down Berry.

--
Lerry ;-)