Re: rsync 3.0.4 over ssh hanging on cygwin 1.7

On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 11:32 AM, Fred Kemp <c.f.kemp@reading.ac.uk> wrote:
> Thanks to all who have replied so far - as Herb says, the cygwin+sshd+rsync
> combo is extremely useful, not least in that it allows my client PC's to
> simply run sshd as a very efficient (ie resource unintensive) background
> service, requiring no further user intervention (A Good Thing™).
>  Workarounds such as running OpenVPN or VirtualBox seem like the proverbial
>  sledgehammer to crack a nut and additionally add a further layer to
> configure/go wrong.

You may want to check out WinSCP:  http://winscp.net/eng/index.php

For adhoc work I use the graphical user interface, which supports
directory synchronizing, it does support scripting from the command
line for automation, it may do what you want.

Good luck,

Brett