Re: nearly all postinstall scripts segfaulting in 64bit Windows (XP + Vista)

On Nov 21 15:49, Lonni J Friedman wrote:
> This looks very similar to my problem (except that disabling TS
> doesn't seem to help):
> http://www.nabble.com/Re:-cygwin-bash-crashes-on-Win-Serv-2008-td20131536.html

Apparently you didn't read the entire thread.  I mentioned explicitly
that disabling TS does *not* help.  It helps to deinstall TS.  Or, much
simpler, disable DEP globally or for the affected applications.  Since
there are so many apps in Cygwin disabling DEP globally is much easier.

I opened a support case at Microsoft but it looks like they are not
at all interested to fix this bug, even though I could *prove* that
the problem occurs in one of their own DLLs.  The reason is that,
even though the OS is the culprit, it's *only* a third-party product
which is affected.  Wow.  There doesn't seem to be any reason to
purchase any more MSDN subscription if that's all you get for your
money.

Corinna

Red Hat