Why is it difficult to get PHP for Apache 1 ??

Folks:
I'm just about at whitts end in trying to get a working PHP support to run on my purchased Sitemap generator. I can't build it from source due to unresolved symbols when I use the apsx={path} in the "make". Then someone pointed me to a binary distribution of PHP in cygwin's PORTS collection.

Well that version is incomplete. There is no postinstall.sh to install the DLL's into the proper directory and modify the "httpd.conf" file to enable the PHP shared library. This makes this package usless under Apache.

I'm just about ready to continue my very-manual Sitemap generation and upload. I've spent to many DAYS messing around with adding PHP.

- Paul