Re: Why is it difficult to get PHP for Apache 1 ??

I've been using Apache under cygwin for *years*. The Apache startup environment has carefully been integrated into my own startup environment and I have no reason to re-invent things that are working properly. The old aitage: If not broken, don't fix it.

Just because I bought a piece of software that runs on a PHP web server, I'm not going to rip the whole world apart Tossing $20.00 is much easier that trying to get PHP to work. Next time I'll look more closely at the Requirements.

PHP is now dead.
- paul

Mike Fahlbusch wrote:
Hi,

I'm not sure why you can't just install Apache and PHP for windows instead of using cygwin apache. Use localhost:8080 for development, cygwin doesn't care what apache host is used.

If it's any use here is the corresponding apache version and PHP version from RedHat Linux 7.3 (Valhalla). An old version of PHP might compile whereas a newer version won't compile:

Apache:
bash-2.05a$ rpm -qa | grep apache
apache-devel-1.3.23-14
apache-1.3.23-14