Re: Cygwin 1.7 domains and home directories

On Dec 19 12:01, Andrew Schulman wrote:
> > Working (strace2):
> >
> >  pwdgrp::load: \etc\passwd curr_lines 20308
> >
> > Failing (strace1):
> >
> >  pwdgrp::load: \etc\passwd curr_lines 520
> >
> > So Cygwin thinks there are only 520 lines in the file, even though it
> > knows that the filesize is 2490367 bytes.
>
> OK, good.  Curious that the bad behavior only happens on the first try.
>
> > Any problem to test again with another changed DLL I sent
> > to you?
>
> I tested it, and it fixes the error.  Nice hunting.
> Andrew.

Sure?  Did it occur reliably so far and now it doesn't?  I thought
it only occurs intermittently.  Maybe you could test a while longer...

I will apply my patch tomorrow anyway.  Even if it's not the whole
story, the patch is definitely not wrong either.

Thanks again for testing,
Corinna

Red Hat