Re: is it an FAQ: cygwin startup sequence

On Sun, Dec 21, 2008 at 06:56:23PM -0600, Kermit Tensmeyer wrote:
>On Sun, Dec 21, 2008 at 6:21 PM, Eric Blake <ebb9@byu.net> wrote:
>>My guess is that you might have PATH problems.  But if you had followed
>>these directions:
>
>and that's why I'm asking for the documentation.  I don't need/want you
>to solve a problem that apparently only I have.  but yes I checked the
>complete path to see if there were other sed's.  No there wasn't.
>
>but 7 day's ago sed.exe was in /bin and the documentation was in
>/usr/share.  And today it isn't there anymore.

FYI, it is "days" not "day's".

>>>Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
>>
>>and attached the output of 'cygcheck -svr' as a text file, we'd know
>>better how to help you.
>
>my assumption is that something is wrong with my setup, not that there
>is a bug in the cygwin delivery.  cygcheck can check on the parameters
>used to build the install.  I

Nonetheless, you are asking for help in the cygwin list.  The above page
was created to help you ask intelligent questions so that problems can
be diagnosed.  cygcheck is a tool devised to help diagnose problems.

If you don't want help then all of the documentation is available at the
cygwin.com site.  It's pretty clearly labelled.  If you do want help
then please don't argue with people trying to help.  We really do need
cygcheck output.

cgf