Re: Loginscript

Renà Berber wrote:
Andreas Pfister wrote:

I have a question regarding the startup procedure of cygwin.
I tried to put an .login file into my home folder with an simple command
in it an suggested that this will be executed after starting up cygwin
but nothing happened. Any ideas or approaches to get that work ?

.login only works with csh (tcsh is also 'c-shell'), Cygwin uses bash which use .bashrc and a few others to set up things at startup.

For those curious about the details, see the bash (or tcsh) man page. For those keeping score, this is not a Cygwin-specific issue. ;-)

Holliston, MA 01746