Re: Mouting network drives from Cygwin ssh client

Thanks for the link.

I removed the default CYGWIN sshd service and ran:

cygrunsrv --install sshd --path /usr/sbin/sshd.exe --user jeevis01
--args '-D' --env 'CYGWIN="ntsec"

It asked for my password and installed successfully. However I
couldn't start the service, and my /var/log/sshd.log was empty.

Later I tried starting sshd manually:
$ /usr/sbin/sshd.exe
/var/empty must be owned by root and not group or world-writable.

$ ls -ld /var/empty/
drwxr-xr-x+ 2 SYSTEM Administrators 0 Dec 30 16:57 /var/empty/

$ chmod 700 /var/empty/
$ ls -ld /var/empty/
drwx------+ 2 SYSTEM Administrators 0 Dec 30 16:57 /var/empty/

$ /usr/sbin/sshd.exe
/var/empty must be owned by root and not group or world-writable.

I think this is the reason why the server failed to start when I
installed service in my name. Although I see many posts facing similar
issues, problem gets solved after the chmod command. However, for me,
it doesn't. Please help.

PS: Though I've subscribed to the list, replies to this topic is not
reaching my inbox for some reason. I'm reading replies at the archive.

--
Thanks
Jeenu