Re: native emacs and manual page

Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:

> I know very little about emacs (I'm not a user) but this response looks
> very much like what you'd see if Windows tried to execute one of Cygwin's
> (old-style) symlinks.  Unforttunately, I can't tell you which one though
> I can say it's not 'man' (or shouldn't be in a normally installed
> configuration.)  If you require further assistance from this list, I'd
> recommend reviewing the problem report requirements found here:
>
> <http://cygwin.com/problems.html>
>
> Pay particular attention to the bit about *attaching* the cygcheck
> output.

Thanks.  I attached the output of my cygcheck -s -v -r command.  When I ran
this command, I got the following error messages
$ cygcheck -s -v -r > cygcheck.out
/usr/bin/cygrunsrv: warning: OpenService failed for 'DcomLaunch': Win32
error 5
Access is denied.
/usr/bin/cygrunsrv: warning: OpenService failed for 'pla': Win32 error 5
Access is denied.
/usr/bin/cygrunsrv: warning: OpenService failed for 'QWAVE': Win32 error 5
Access is denied.
/usr/bin/cygrunsrv: warning: OpenService failed for 'RpcSs': Win32 error 5
Access is denied.

http://www.nabble.com/file/p21273428/cygcheck.out cygcheck.out